Wednesday 17 April 2013

Finished Garment : Jamie Christina Mission Maxi


I love this dress it is like wearing comfy pj's that look stylish.

This dress has been a total lifesaver for me, our mornings are quite hectic we have just one car at the moment which means for the first half of the week I have to drive my partner to work before doing the school run and between running errands, playdates, school pick up and picking up partner again in the evening its a lot of time spent in my car so my clothing needs to be crease free and comfy and I like to look nice so cool also, I think this version of Jamie Christina's Mission Maxi dress ticks all the boxes.





I used a viscose spandex jersey from Tessuti ( you can purchase here ) and cut in a size 6 with no alterations other than to shorten the hem ( all you tall ladies this pattern is drafted super long) cant remember how much by but it was quite a bit.
It came together very quickly I made this during my sons afternoon nap ( about 2-2.5 hrs) that includes the time it took to cut out. I will be making this one again no question. please excuse the grainy pics my camera has been playing up so I've resorted to i phone snaps in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment