Wednesday 13 February 2013

Polka Dot Iris and a Jersey Banksia


Today I'd like to share with you a few of my recent sewing projects.

First up is my pair of Iris shorts from colette patterns made up in a polka dot stretch cotton from Tessuti which is sadly no longer available. I made up the size 4 with no pattern adjustments other than to omit the pockets. Because of the print i wanted a really clean line for these shorts. I am really happy with the finished product, they are comfortable, not too high in the waist ( a look i love but can get uncomfortable when driving around all day, or eating lol) or short in the leg. I will be making this one again.





I also had a go at making up the Banksia Blouse in a stretch fabric. I read Megan's post in the banksia sew-a-long and followed her super easy tutorial for modifying the pattern for stretch fabrics and followed her instructions for a stretchy neckband from the briar sewalong and drafted my own neckband. It turned out great a very professional finish that was super easy to do! if you haven't checked out Megan Nielsen's blog be sure to, she has so many fantastic tutorials and tips for making your sewing easier and getting a professional finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment