Tuesday 11 September 2012

Mission Maxi Dress - Finished project

I made up this midi version of the Jamie Christina Mission Maxi dress last week on a particularly sunny, summery morning.
I used this gorgeous tie dye jersey from my stash and used self fabric for the binding, which was a little tricky to make as the fabric was so slippery!




This dress is ridiculously comfy but still stylish, which when you have two little kiddies and work from home is a must. In my experience someone always come to the door those days when you haven't done your hair and are slobbing around in trackpants.





The racer back gives a nice sporty feel to it, I know I will get loads of wear out of this. Throwing on over swimsuit after the beach, out to lunch or just at home.
The pattern itself is super simple, front and back pieces cut on fold and neck and arm openings finished with bias binding, how easy can you get??



You can buy a copy of the pattern in my shop here.
also just a quick note the 10% off Megan Nielsen patterns will finish on Sunday 16/9/2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment